Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where, oh where has my Enoch Jon gone?

Yesterday, I lost Enoch. I realized that this is not newsworthy enough to blog about (considering I lose him almost daily during the summer months), however, he really gave me a scare this time. Usually I walk the neighborhood for a few minutes, yell his name, and he answers from a backyard a few houses away. It is not always the same house, just wherever the kids are.
Yesterday, I truly could not find him. I walked the neighborhood for 20 minutes, yelling and screaming. By this time I had passed the butterflies in my stomach and was approaching full-blown panic. I was ready to call Greg, call the police. I had a thought that he might be at Ellis' house playing with Jaycee. I walked over there and noticed that their front door was open. I rang to doorbell and nobody answered. I started to walk away, but again had the feeling that I should go back. Luckily, the Ellis family are good friends and I felt comfortable just letting myself into their house. At this point, it wouldn't have mattered if they were strangers, I was going in. I walked into the living room and yelled for Enoch. He walked down the stairs and said, "What?" I was so relieved and so irritated with him. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was looking for Jaycee to give her some rocks and then he found some pink lipstick and put it on. Great! After marching him home and grounding him to the house for the rest of the day, I calmed down enough to say a prayer of thanks.
A note to the Ellis family - I hope nothing is missing, my apologies to whoever the pink lipstick belongs to, lock your doors - you never know about those neighbors!

5 comments:

Winnie said...

Scary! I'm glad you found him.
On a lighter note, did that shade of pink look good on him?

Gayle J. Randall said...

Every thing is locked so tight here, that most of the kids can not get in or out o f anything. However out in the bush, they can go for ever. Pictures look great, a very lovely family-they really are great great grandchildren--love you all GRANDPA RANDALL

k8theriver said...

so funny. boys!

Ford Fam said...

Oh, I thought you were over him being a little too adventurous. Who doesn't want to share rocks though and wear pink lipstick, I mean lets be honest!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Enoch is not missing anymore! What a funny guy! Hope the lipstick doesn't become a habit though!

And thanks for the welcome back to blog world - it's nice to finally be getting life in control again!