Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cap, Gown & Crocs

Enoch's preschool graduation was today. I put him in a cute (okay, handsome) shirt, shorts and of course, crocs (he won't wear anything else). I didn't realize that his teacher had adorable caps and gowns for all the kids. When I saw him, I flashed forward 14 years. He'll probably be the kid wearing shorts and crocs with his gown when he graduates from high school. Again, Enochworld. (That is what we say at our house when Enoch insists on doing his own thing, which is all the time. He really does just live around us, not really with us).
Enoch has had such an amazing year at preschool. I am so thankful everyday that we found Miss Dawn. She is everything a preschool teacher should be. Enoch loves her. It is that simple. If something exciting happens in his life, he wants to tell Miss Dawn, then Mom and Dad, then Grandpa and Grandma, etc. Miss Dawn is great. Enoch always gives her hugs and is holding her hand. Miss Dawn has made Enoch's year. I think he will always remember her.
He has learned so much this year. Enoch is terribly disinterested in learning his letters or numbers (I'm hoping that will change soon!), but Miss Dawn has taught him so many social skills. It is amazing to me to watch him during Primary. He sits still, listens, participates when most of his class is running wild. I asked him why he does that and he told me because Miss Dawn said he had to. Not that he is perfect at preschool or Primary, but he understands there are times and places to be rowdy and times and places to be good. That alone is worth it.
Enoch's favorite field trip this year was to the Aquarium. He talks and talks about the electric eel, jellyfish, touching the stingrays and playing on the boat. He had so much fun there. He also enjoyed the Pumpkin Patch, the grocery store and visiting the farm at Thanksgiving Point.
Enoch loved going to preschool, he was always sad on the days he didn't go. He loved playing with his friends, seeing Miss Dawn, playing toys (his favorites were the blocks, kitchen and books) and doing the great art projects.
It is so sad to see this chapter of Enoch's life over. I know, I know - it's only his first year of preschool. But, it was a great year, an awesome introduction to the rest of his school years. Thank you, Miss Dawn. You are the best.

The first video is of Enoch singing his favorite song he learned at preschool. I missed the first few lines trying to get into video mode. The song is Mr. Peanut. "Mr. Peanut sitting on a track, his heart was all a flutter. Along came a choo-choo train, uh-oh, peanut butter!"
The second video is of Enoch getting his diploma. Not much, but a memory.

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

So cute!! I love his little cap and gown. I love the video's too.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love you, Enoch!
Love you, Miss Dawn!
Love you, Tresa and Greg!
You're all doing so well. You all should get graduation diplomas!