Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Enoch's Stitiches Part II

Today Enoch got his stitches out. He was a bit nervous about getting them taken out, but we kept telling him that it wouldn't hurt and it wasn't a big deal. Okay, it was a bigger deal than I thought. Dr. Johnson had to tug and pull harder than I thought to get them out. Enoch was very brave, but he kept flinching. After stitch #3, Dr. Johnson told Enoch that if he held still for the last two stitches, he would give him a dollar. Enoch held as still as a statue. When he was finished, Dr. Johnson pulled a dollar from his wallet and gave it to a beaming Enoch. He was so excited.
Dr. Johnson has been our family's pediatrician for 11 years now. Gavin was one of his first patients when he established his new practice in American Fork. He is an amazing doctor; my kids love going to see him.

4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

How cute is Enoch. I love his smile, kids will do anything for money!!

Ford Fam said...

Cute! Maybe we will have to switch Doctors if he shells out money! Just kidding!

Melissa said...

Oaky that is one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen! What a sweetie! I'm glad the doctor was able to remove the kitty whiskers without too much pain and what a great incentive for stillness!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, my internet wouldn't load the picture and everyone said how cute it was! I'll just have to imagine it! What a brave boy and what a smart doctor!