Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kate at 15 months

It seems to me that Kate's development has exploded lately. She is so quick and sure on her feet. She runs everywhere and hardly ever walks anymore. She climbs the ladder to the play tower and goes down the slide by herself. (Not with my permission; she did this while I was screaming from my bedroom window.) She is so agile and obviously not afraid of much.
She is communicating well with us. She is by far my most obedient child. You ask her to do something and she does it (we will see how long that lasts). She understands everything I tell her - even things that I don't expect her to understand. Her little mind is like a sponge. She says the words mama, uh-oh, yes, up, tickle and shoes. She signs the words all done, more, bye, milk, poopy and please. She is so much fun! Her favorites include: reading books, playing outside (in the sand and jumping on the tramp), dogs, chocolate, strawberries, taking baths, playing with her kitchen and food, climbing and Grandpa Dee.
I was convinced Kate was growing and gaining lots of weight. Not so, she still is about where she was last time in percents. Length: 30 3/4 inches (50%), weight: 21 lbs. 4 ozs. (25%), head cirm. 46.2 cm (50%).

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

She looks so grown up with the graduation cap on. I don't want her to grow up so fast, I love kids at this age, they are adorable.

Ford Fam said...

So cute, I thought she was growing more too!

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a great picture! Someday she will wear a real one! I hope it is far in the future, however. She's just too cute. She's in the 100th percentile for that! I love you, Miss Kate!