Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kate's Bedtime B's

While getting Kate ready for bed tonight, I realized our bedtime schedule revolves around 'B' words.
1. Bath - Now that summer is here, she is quite a stinky girl every night with who knows what in her hair. She loves to play in the tub with Enoch. Her favorite tub toys are a bathtub fishing pole and a plastic carrot that Aunt Valerie gave her for Easter.
2. Books - Kate is a little bookworm. She loves to look at books and have people read to her. I'm not kidding when I say I read to her dozens of times of day. She will bring me a book, sign the work please, grab my hand and lead me to the couch. Her favorite books are I See A Monster and The Hungry Caterpillar.
3. Bottle - I realize she is too old for a bottle, but she still has one before bed. It is the only time she will sit and cuddle with me, so I'm being a selfish Mom and still giving it to her. She knows that when is Mom feeding her, we sit on the big chair in the family room and if Dad feeds her they get to watch TV in Mom and Dad's room while eating.
4. Binky - I'm trying very desperately to only give Kate her binky when she is in her crib. So far, we are doing pretty good. She loves to play the binky game with Dad every night. Greg holds her binky up high and airplanes it down to her mouth and then snatches it away at the last minute. A basic game that I think every parent plays with their child. They play forever. Kate loves it and giggles and giggles. We know when she is finally done when she starts to whine or grabs it away from Greg, sticks it in her mouth and clamps down so tight he can't get it back out of her mouth.
5. Bunny - I've never seen a child who loves stuffed animals as much as Kate. She loves to cuddle with them and rub their backs. Her special favorite stuffed animal is a little white bunny that we have named 'Bunny' (imagine that!). She will not go to sleep without Bunny. Usually I find her snuggled with up Bunny in the morning.
6. Blankie - Kate's Blankie is a extra soft green, tan and cream knit blanket. I feel bad that it isn't pink or the handmade quilt I made for her, but what can I do. From the time she was an infant, that has been her Blankie. Like Bunny, she will not sleep without Blankie. She doesn't like to be wrapped up or even have Blankie covering her, but she grabs a fistfull and hangs on until morning.
Mixed in with the 'B's are hugs, kisses and prayers. Kate is usually in bed by 8:15 pm. If we stick to the schedule, she is a happy camper.

3 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Cute, such a cute post! It is amazing what we will do to get our children to cuddle with us, I'm the same way!

Michelle Kelly said...

She is adorable. I love the pictures and the cute post.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Keep all those "snuggly" rituals as long as you like--they won't hurt her at all--and they're good for you, too! What a great post! These are memories that would fade if you didn't post them here. Good job, Mom!