Thursday, February 5, 2009

Total Bragging!



I know that is post is just complete, unabashed bragging about my incredible son, but I really wanted to remember this, so after much deliberation, I decided to post it. Gavin has always been my smarty pants. He gets it from Greg. Things seem to come so easily to him and it is a challenge to keep him interested because he picks up on things so quickly. Gavin was reading on a fourth grade level at the beginning of first grade. His favorite TV show is NOVA on PBS. For fun he does science experiments. I'm thinking this is not typical, but neither is Gavin. I swear, the kid was born being 35.
This week, at parent teacher conference, we found out that Gavin did very well on his Iowa Standardized Testing. I usually don't put much stock into standardized testing, but I was still very happy with his scores. He scored in the 90th percentile or higher nationally in science, reading, social science and his overall score. We tease him that his math score wasn't that high (Gavin really doesn't like math). I am so proud of him! But, even better, Gavin is a very well-rounded boy. He loves to learn, he loves the outdoors, he is a great brother and friend, he sincerely tries to choose the right. He is an amazing person. I love you, Gavin.

4 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Wow wait to go! Who does like math anyways?

Michelle Kelly said...

What a sweet post. I know he will roll his eyes when he sees it but everyone likes to be bragged about and have a little bit of attention. I always knew Gavin was smart and well rounded, like the time I came over and Gavin was singing at the top of his lungs downstairs as he was vacuuming. It was hilarious!!

Carrie said...

Wow! I can't relate at all.
Good job Gavin!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

If a parent can't brag, a grandparent can! We are so proud of you, Gavin. Ever since you were a tiny baby, I have called you "my little man," because I just knew you were a very mature spirit. You still are "my little man," but you are not so little any more. Grandpa and I love you so much and we are so proud of you. Keep studying and learning and growing! Love, Grandpa and Grandma (from Kenya)