Thursday, February 12, 2009

Enoch Jon Fowler is Four!

Today, my sweet Enoch turned four. I can't believe it. He has been an absolute joy in my life for the past four years and I'm so incredibly blessed to have his sweet spirit with me. I hoped, wished, prayed for Enoch for five years before getting pregnant. I often wonder why it took so long. I'd like to believe it was because heaven just couldn't let him go. Enoch is my everything.

Ten things I love about Enoch:


1. His smile - when people talk about smiling with your eyes, I never fully understood that until Enoch was born. He smiles with every part of his body.
2. His logic - I usually don't understand it, but I love to hear him explain things.
3. His enthusiasm - Enoch is constantly in motion, constantly talking, constantly learning; he does everything with excitement.
4. His happiness - His favorite phrase is, "I'm so happy...". The other day he told me he was so happy I had bought pretzels. He is happy about everything. He is easy to please.
5. His friendliness - Everyone is a friend. He is not afraid of strangers (scary, I know) and is willing to talk to whomever will listen.
6. His desire to choose the right - Every time we pray he asks Greg or me if he was good (as he tries very hard to be reverent during prayers), he loves to hear stories about Jesus, tries hard to be good in Primary and is always asking questions about making good choices so he can live in heaven again.
7. His love for his family - Enoch is the most essential part of our family's happiness. He is the one who tries to smooth over disagreements, always asking me if I'm happy and then giving me a big smile to make me feel better. He is a great brother. He loves to play with Gavin and Kate. The other day I secretly stood outside of Kate's room and watched them play together. Enoch was 'reading' Kate a book while she sat on his lap. He would let her turn the pages and point out different things in the pictures. He was being so patient with her. At the end of the book he gave Kate a huge hug and said, "Kate, I love you. You are so adorable!".
8. His intelligence - Enoch is my thinker. He has so much common sense and is able to think through any problem. He is so creative in his reasoning. I always tell Enoch, "good thinking" and give him a thumbs up when he comes up with a solution. Now, he is telling me the same thing. It is so cute and rewarding. His mind is amazing. He can't get enough information and is always asking questions (you know the kind, the ones I have no idea of the answer!).
9. His curiosity - Enoch is nothing if not curious. He loves to learn and explore. He is not afraid of new things. He'll try new foods, meet new people, learn new talents and love every minute of it. He is not afraid to explore and learn about his environment and surroundings. He loves the outdoors because there is so much to learn and see. He is definitely willing to get dirty to satisfy his curiosity.
10. He is my son and I couldn't ask for a better one!

5 comments:

Winnie said...

Lucky, lucky mommy.
Lucky, lucky boy.

k8theriver said...

enoch is awesome.

Ford Fam said...

That is so adorable. I loved the little bit about him and Kate, literally made me tear up a little!

Michelle Kelly said...

#7 seriously made me cry. You have such a way of writing, I wish I could write like that. I'm so glad you write these on your blog so I can see them, I get to know my nieces and nephews so much more. Enoch is truly amazing and says the most outrageous, sweet, funny things. I love having him as a nephew!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Someday your children will love you even more (if that is possible) because you have worked so hard to keep a record for your family and document all of your happenings. Every parent hopes their children will turn out better than they did--you definitely are! We love you and miss you!