Saturday, February 14, 2009

Enoch's Friend Party

This year, Enoch had his first friend birthday party and he was so excited. I didn't make a huge deal out of it because I knew that a bunch of 3 and 4-year-old boys wouldn't be much into organized games.
We opened presents,

decorated sugar cookies
and just let the boys play. Gavin led them in a game of hide-and-seek and they liked that for about 10 minutes. They mostly had fun playing with Enoch's new toys and eating cookies.

I bought these cute boxes in November. I knew that if I waited until his birthday to find stuff, everything would be pink and hearts. Enoch loves the penguins (he still calls them a mix between penguins and pumpkins and then laughs at himself). Each boy had his own box with his initial and a helium balloon tied to the box (I've discovered that helium balloons are the best way to entertain kids). The kids decorated their cookies with blue and white frosting and lots of green, blue, orange and white sprinkles. I know that the boys didn't care if it was colored cordinated, but they looked cute and it wasn't pink! It was a great time.

5 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a fun party! You are such a good mom to plan ahead so that everything is not pink for a cute little boy.

Gayle J. Randall said...

You are right about the balloons! They are always a hit! Remember that when the boys are teenagers, too! They love to inhale the helium and talk like "girls." (I hope it really doesn't kill brain cells like they say it does--who is "they" anyway. So glad to be a part of the party from Kenya! Love, Grandpa and Grandma Randall

Ford Fam said...

Carson had so much fun, I think it was a fabulous party!!

Melissa said...

The penguin buckets turned out darling! I remember you buying those and thinking, "Wow - she is so on the ball to be planning so far ahead!" Looks like all the birthdays were great, despite the illness. And I'm really glad Kate got a doll!

Carrie said...

Jimmy had a great time. His balloon is still floating in his room!