Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fowler Family Party







When I found out that Kate was due only one week after Enoch's birthday, I already was worrying. How was I going to make each birthday special without driving me and our extended family nuts with all the parties. Luckily for me, this year Kate could care less about her birthday and I was able to focus mostly on Enoch. However, we still had and are having lots of parties.
On Enoch's birthday (Feb 12), we started the day with our family tradition of measuring the birthday child on our family growth chart. Enoch has truly grown this year. The kids love to see how much they have grown and have contests between each other (sorry, guys, I think Kate will win 'the most grown' award this year!).

Fowler Family Party

Being mean parents, we made Enoch wait until that night to open his presents. He was able to take punch balloons to his preschool classmates earlier in the week to celebrate his birthday, so that helped eleviate some of the birthday anticipation. He was very excited for his birthday and kept telling everyone he saw that he was four now. It was very cute. That night we had tuna casserole, peas and apples (Enoch's choice) for dinner. After that, we invited the Fowler family over for cake and ice cream and presents. We had a hot fudge chocolate cake and it was very yummy and easy for mom.
Enoch received some very fun presents. His favorites were his huge Tonka truck (Grandpa & Grandma Fowler), his Lego castle (Mom & Dad), and his Leap Frog alaphabet toy (Gavin & Kate). What a lucky boy.

We also celebrated Kate's birthday that night with the Fowlers. Aunt Julie defied Greg and got Kate a baby doll - and she loves it. It is a little Cabbage Patch Kids Fairy doll. We named her Rose. Gavin and Greg wanted to name her Mrs. Nesbitt from Toy Story, but I strongly objected. I suggested Aurora because we had just watched Sleeping Beauty a few nights before (and I love that name, it was on my list for Kate's names). Greg argued that Kate wouldn't be able to say Aurora, but that Sleeping Beauty was also called Rose, so we named her that. Kate is so cute with her. We say to her, "Go find Rose," and she will search the house until she finds her. She gives her hugs and carries her around by her hair, but she loves her. Rose was definetely Kate's favorite gift.



6 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun mother you are! The parties sound wonderful! I wish I had done the tradition of measuring everyone on their birthday. What a great idea! We loved reading about all the fun toys they got, but I loved seeing the cute pictures of Kate with her doll. Enoch looks so grownup and he is! We love you all and miss you all!

Winnie said...

Every girl should have a baby doll. Greg, just give in, your daughter will have some girly toys because SHE'S A GIRL.

I love that picture of Enoch giving Kate a ride on the dumptruck. So cute!

Mrs. Nesbitt is an awesome name!! I like Rose too.

k8theriver said...

when you asked for toy suggestions i didn't realize that you weren't considering the obvious. of course you get her a doll. duh. :) fred even plays with dolls sometimes and i am just fine with it. you can reject barbie and bratz but you HAVE to give her a doll. they are so good for sparking pretend play. she will be a babysitter, aunt, mother one day. let her practice.

Michelle Kelly said...

I LOVE the name Mrs. Nesbitt. I laughed so hard at work. I also love the idea that you were going to name Kate, Aurora. That is my favorite disney movie, but the name is hard to say. What a fun party!!

Ford Fam said...

Looks like fun, I bet Enoch loved that truck. That doll is so cute too. I have not seen the little ones like that.

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

Cute photos!! I love the dumptruck photo. I always wanted an older brother. I am sure Kate will love having 2 brothers to take care of her!