Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Birthday Bash

I promise this is my last birthday post until May. Whew, I 'm tired of them too. We now have four February birthdays in my (Randall) family; Brynnley (10th), Enoch (12th), Kate (19th) and Valerie (28th). We decided to have one big party for everyone.
I really wanted to do more of a girly party for this since it is Kate's and Brynnley's first birthday, but I didn't want to leave Enoch out. I decided on a garden theme party - flowers for the girls and a tractor for Enoch. I had fun making the cute flower decorations and mini pinatas for all the kids.

The cakes turned out great. A huge thanks to Aunt Michelle and Uncle Dave for Enoch's tractor cake. He loved it and we all got a kick out of the frosting turning everyone's teeth green!

We had fun opening presents. Enoch loved his present from Grandma & Grandpa Randall (they left it with us before they left). Also, thanks Grandma & Grandpa for the cute skirt, shirts and books for Kate (I don't know why I can't turn that picture!). She loves the books.


A fun birthday tradition in our family is on your first birthday you get your own cake. I baked jumbo cupcakes for the birthday girls and put a cute silk flower on top (to later be used as a bow). Brynnley took hers home, but Kate was quite anxious to get into hers. She loves chocolate and dug right in. She really didn't get that messy, but she had a lot of fun with her cupcake.

It was a fun night. We misssed Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Jarom. Thanks to our family for all their support. Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

k8theriver said...

i love bdays! and that looks like a good one. love the flower decorations and the mini pinatas. awesome.

Ford Fam said...

It was fun, and soooo cute! You went way above and beyond as usual!! So crafty!

Michelle Kelly said...

It was a really fun party and you did such a good job. I love Kate eating her cupcake, a girl after my own heart!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

We loved the garden theme! So clever for both Enoch and the girls! Everyone wrote on their blogs how impressed they were with all your preparations. Thanks for keeping the Randall traditions going while we're gone! We'll be back soon! Love, Mom and Dad

Melissa said...

You really go all out for parties! It looks like it was awesome! Maybe I should have you help me plan my kids parties. Glad it turned out so well and that everyone had a good time.

Carrie said...

It looks like you pulled everything together quite nicely. I like the pink and green.