Saturday, July 30, 2011

Potter Party

Happy Birthday, Harry Potter (tomorrow actually).
I know, I know - we are nerds. We celebrate a fictional character's birthday. But, it is so fun.
For the birthday party, we ate pizza for dinner and watched Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. Gavin wanted to watch Harry Potter 7, but since Enoch and Kate were watching with us, obviously we couldn't watch anything too scary. We stuck with the first movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so fun to go back to the beginning after seeing the end.
After the movie, we had our Harry Potter snacks - golden snitch cake balls and pumpkin juice.


I've never made cake balls before. They were easy and fun to make. I'm no expert at dipping chocolate (it shows), but who cares when they taste so good. The pumpkin juice was Stephen's pumpkin spice cider. I found it last fall and have hid it in the storage room until today.
Gavin playing seeker.

Kate, playing Harry Potter, and 'eating' her golden snitch while playing Quidditch.

It was a fun night. We have completely loved the Harry Potter ride. We enjoyed the last movie. When the opening credits started, I got quite sad knowing that this was the end. Greg and Gavin are seeing the last movie right now. Even though the books and movies are over, we will still celebrate Harry's birthday.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Hang on tight to that tradition! It's a unique one for your family. Don't be surprised if Jarom one day brings his own family to your house to celebrate with you! He loves that tradition and so do we!

Danny, Vanessa, + Jane said...

Tresa, I was happy to see that you made some Harry Potter treats! Danny and I went to his sister's house in honor of Harry Potter and she made butterbeer. It was great! I love reading your blog, I should comment more often.