Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kate and the Tooth Fairy

Kate has had a lot of teeth issues - remember this? I hate to put the blame on anyone, but I have a feeling once Enoch is in school for most of the day, Kate will have a lot fewer mishaps. Enoch isn't the problem, but Kate trying to keep up with Enoch does create some dangerous situations for her.
A few days before our trip to Disneyland in June, Kate was eating a tuna fish sandwich. She was biting it funny and I asked her what was wrong. She calmly told me she had a loose tooth. I really didn't believe her until Enoch said that she fell and bonked her mouth on mom and dad's foot board and her tooth was loose. What?! Why does nobody tell me these things?
I told her to leave it alone and maybe it would be fine (that is what happened with her other tooth). Nope. Her tooth fell out in the bathroom in Costco in Victorville, CA. Poor thing. She looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Mom, my tooth came out." We hadn't really talked to her about loosing teeth and she was terrified. Her eyes got teary. I gave her a big hug and picked her up. She wouldn't let me set her down for about ten minutes. After we explained to her that a new tooth would grow in (eventually), she seemed a bit better. Enoch excitedly told her about the tooth fairy and then things seemed really okay.
So, Kate lost her tooth the beginning of June. It is now mid-July. Umm, the tooth fairy is very forgetful and exhausted at our house right now. I wanted to do something special since this was a scary experience for Kate. I whipped up a little tooth fairy pouch (or something, I really don't know what to call it). It has a small pocket for a tooth and a bigger pocket for a surprise. Kate really liked it and was so excited that it matched her quilt.
She hung it on the side of her bed, and then around her neck, and then back on her bed. She carefully put her tooth in there and then went straight to bed so the tooth fairy could come.





And guess what she got - fingernail polish. She was so excited.

I'm hoping we can put the tooth fairy pouch away for another four or five years - I'm hoping!

2 comments:

Ariana said...

I love your new family picture!!

Michelle Kelly said...

Cute idea. I want to see more family pics!!