Saturday, July 9, 2011

ATK Rocket Garden

After our trip out to Golden Spike we stopped by the ATK Rocket Garden. It is only a few minutes down the road, and since we had already drove way out there, why wouldn't we stop?
It was a bittersweet day for Greg since the space shuttle had it's last launch the day before. Greg has flown to Florida twice to see the shuttle launch and it has been cancelled both times. It was a life dream to see it and he wasn't able to make it work. I feel so badly, mostly because Greg doesn't ask for much and the one thing he really wanted didn't happen. He is a great sport about it and told me he just wants to see a high-powered rocket launch, so I'm determined to make that happen.
Greg loves this place. We walked around while he explained what everything was. We didn't need to read the plaques, we had Greg to answer all our questions.


The kids loved running around. Enoch found a huge tube (very technical, I know Greg is rolling his eyes as he reads this because he told me what this tube did and I can't remember) that was a great echo chamber. He ran around in circles yelling, "This is the funnest thing ever. I want one for my birthday!" Along with his cockpit for Christmas, Enoch will be an expensive kid! Haha.

Everyone climbed in Enoch's tube and tried to get it rolling.




It was a fun few minutes. We didn't stay long because the kids were hungry, tired and hot. We stopped at Wendy's in Brigham City for lunch. We were able to drive by the new temple and have a quick look. It is beautiful.
What a fun day. Day trips around our great state are so much fun!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

I agree! Day trips are a great idea! Thanks so much for inviting us!