Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July Dress

I love Independence Day! One of my favorite traditions is to make a red, white and blue dress for Kate. I love doing this for her, but is she always upset that it is not pink. However, when it is time to get dressed before church, she is excited that she has a new dress.
This year I took an old skirt of mine and re-purposed it into a dress. You know the skirts from the 90's with an elastic waist and buttons all down the front. Yep, it looked like that. I turned the skirt around and put the buttons in the back, cut it up, sewed it back together, added some red and white trim with a giant bow in the back and voila! a new dress for Kate. I really like how it turned out.


Isn't she gorgeous!?

3 comments:

Becky said...

You are so talented! She looked adorable today!

Michelle Kelly said...

So cute. I don't know how you are so creative. Kate is a lucky girl.

Gayle J. Randall said...

YES, she is!