Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TP Rolls

It's amazing what you can do with toilet paper rolls.
We've been saving up for a while. I was sick of them collecting in my bathroom, so we put them to good use.
We made some binoculars, which the kids loved. What simple joys. They've been bird watching for days.


We also made some First Presidency figures. Is that sacrilegious? Anyway, for FHE, we put together these cute guys. I think this may be the only President Eyring has worn purple shoes and President Uchdorf has sported a purple suit with yellow shoes. The kids have these set up in their rooms and I've caught Kate playing princesses with them. At least they are learning who they are.


Summer is full of time to fill. It's nice when you can fill it with meaningful activities that are free.

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a good idea. I'll have to start saving for when Marcus is.. maybe 2 or 3 years. Maybe I'll wait.

Gayle J. Randall said...

So clever! Such great ideas! I think the First Presidency would be thrilled with what the children have done to think of them and remember them! I'm sure the birds enjoy being watched, too!