Monday, June 20, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Kate is my early bird. Kate is my night owl. Kate is my child that is not getting enough sleep.
Most of the time she does fine on her schedule of getting up at 6-6:30 am and going to sleep at 9-9:30 pm with no naps. She does fall asleep every time we are in the car, but she is generally happy.
I think our busy summer schedule is catching up with her. She now has gym class twice a week, the tiring swimming lessons all this week, plus the extra running around. She has taken two naps this week! For Kate that is unheard of. I still am surprised. But, she really needed it. She has been cranky. Kate is not cranky - but this week she has been. Thank goodness for naps.
I found Kate this afternoon asleep in my bed. She had fallen asleep while watching Wild Kratts with Enoch. Isn't she sweet? I love to watch my kids sleep - so still and peaceful. I love her so much!

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

This post is aptly titled! She is a beauty! At least for the moment, she is sleeping, too!

Michelle Kelly said...

So cute, with her hand under her chin.