Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 4: Disneyland

This was our last day at Disneyland. We had done everything we wanted at least once, so we decided to go on our favorites again and catch a few rides we hadn't done yet. We hadn't had a chance to go on Star Tours yet because it was closed for renovations for six months. It reopened today. We got into the park about 20 minutes after it opened and the line for Star Tours was already five hours long! We decided to skip it.

Our first order of business was to figure out what to do about my ticket. I was prepared to purchase a single day ticket for me, but we went to lost and found first thing to see if my ticket had been turned in. I was shocked - it had! Hooray for honesty.
We had a great app that let us check the wait times for each ride. It was a life saver and saved us a lot of walking. But, obviously we still spent a lot of time standing in line. My kids were constantly climbing on the railings and ropes. Constantly. I couldn't keep them off. It was quite ridiculous how many times I told them to get down.

We rode Space Mountain, the train, the Monorail, Storybook boat ride, Peter Pan and a few others.


Everyone but Mom, Grandpa and Kate went on Splash Mountain. Umm - they put Enoch in the very front. He was completely soaked when we got off the ride. When he rode Grizzly Rapids yesterday the same thing happened. He vowed never to go on another water ride! Poor Enoch.
By this time of the trip Enoch was a bit moody. He wasn't getting enough sleep, was being told what to do all the time, was being drug around the park and not able to make any decisions for himself. He would run off and sulk. Often times he wouldn't go far and we could see him. Only Grandpa could talk him out of his pouty bouts. Thank goodness for Grandpa!


The entire trip my constant thoughts were, "Where's Enoch? Who has Enoch? I can't see him! Where is he?" No kidding, every 30 seconds I thought this - it was exhausting. He has no fear of being lost, which makes places like Disneyland extra scary for Mom. Once he ran off so quickly that we lost track of him. I was panicked. We found him a few minutes later talking to some Disney workers. He was telling them he was lost, showing them his lanyard and asking them to call his Dad. Perfectly calm, no problem. I had made little tags for each of the kids for moments just like this. They wore them everywhere. I would not let them take the off. Good thing. Surprisingly enough, we only truly lost Enoch that one time.

We had some time today to be a bit more relaxed and were able to play around.



By late afternoon we had done everything we wanted. Grandpa suggested we try the Redwood Creek Adventure Trail in Disney California. Perfect idea! The kids had a blast. Probably the most fun they had our entire time in Disneyland. They could run, play, and didn't have to stand in line. They really did have a great time. Greg and I were having a hard time understanding why we spent hundreds of dollars for Disneyland when our kids really just wanted to play at the park.



Kate loved going down the slide - over and over and over. I think she must have gone 20 times. And every time she went down she stood in front of the measuring stick to show the worker she was tall enough. She was very happy and proud to be tall enough.



It was so hard to keep track of the kids here. After about five minutes of trying to follow them, we finally just let the run. I'd catch glimpses of Enoch occasionally. I asked him what he had done. "I went on the nets and ropes and in the cave and on the slide and on the zip line and then I did everything again!" We stationed Jarom and Gavin and the entrance and exit (luckily there was only one way in and one way out) to make sure nobody escaped.

This is my favorite picture from all of Disneyland. So cute! We had such a great time, but also felt like we were done. I'm glad we all went and even happier that we all came home!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What fun memories! It was fun to be all together. I think we all learned a little about our patience threshold. Hopefully this will help us develop some :) Great job with the pictures and the post! I loved watching the children play at the "park." Too bad we overestimated Enoch's desire to go on the "scary" rides. Well, he'll have stories to tell, anyway.