Saturday, June 18, 2011

Scout Camp at TIFIE

Day 1(Monday)-I woke up at 5:15 and showered and got my scouting clothes on and headed over to Brother Besaw's house. We said a quick prayer and off we went and were on the road for the better part of a hour. When we got to TIFIE we got the grand tour and set up our campsite then had lunch and played games, had the swim test(ugh, I was sooooooooooooooo tired), I had a senior patrol leader meeting (boring, boring and boring), signed up for our merit badges and then finally had dinner.

Day 2(Tuesday)-We had breakfast and then had classes. My classes were Frontiersman, COPE, pioneering, lunch, SPL(senior patrol leader) meeting, snorkeling archery, wood carving, free time, and finally dinner. We also had a devotional that night (best night ever).

Day 3(Wednesday) and 4(Thursday)- same as Day 2. Except on Thursday we played Sneaky Buffalo.

Day 5(Friday/make-up day)-We had breakfast and then3 hrs of free time and then lunch and the boat races (ours epically failed) and then we had a camp wide campfire and then we rolled up the tents and slept under the pavilion.

Day 6(Saturday)-We had breakfast and headed out.

Terms-SPL-senior patrol leader(me)
COPE-Team building exercises
grand tour-a short tour of the camp
sneaky Buffalo-hybrid of capture the flag and flag football on steroids
hrs- hours

Sincerely,
Gavin

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Loved your post Gavin. sounds like a lot of fun.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love this post, Gavin! Your personality shines through! I can hear you saying all those things that you posted! I can hear the "boredom" in your voice at the senior patrol meeting (and I'm proud of you for going). But I can see your testimony shining when you say about the devotional, "best night ever." That's the best comment of all for a grandma to read. I love you and I am proud of you!