Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scattered Thoughts on Enoch

1. Ever since we have gotten home from Disneyland, Enoch has been obsessed with hills. We drive down into the hollow on our way to gym class and Enoch will always ask if I am pushing on the breaks? How big is this hill? Is this going to be like a roller coaster? Every single time we drive down a hill. I have tried to explain to him that roads are not roller coasters, but he still seems concerned.

2. Enoch has officially entered his Star Wars phase. Don't all six-year-old boys go through this? He spends times every day working on his Star Wars legos, making up stories about Luke Skywalker, planning his next birthday party which will be a Star Wars theme, playing the light saber app on his Dad's ipod, and trying to talk Kate into being Princess Leah so they can play. He usually has his light saber tied to his belt. He is planning on being Luke Skywalker for Halloween (we will see if that sticks) and is trying to talk Gavin into being a Storm Trooper (I hope I'm not making that costume!). He loves to watch the movies. It is definitely more entertaining to watch Enoch watch the movies than to view the actual movies. He jumps, smiles, cringes, hides under his blanket, is completely engrossed when they fight, makes speeder and Ewok noises, laughs, and asks a ton of questions. As I'm typing this, Enoch, very seriously, walked up to me and whispered, "Darth Vadar is Luke Skywalkers father! I can't believe it!" He nodded his head sagely as if he imparted some great secret to the universe.

3. Enoch's favorite TV shows are Wild Kratts on PBS and Magic School Bus on Qubo. That is pretty much all he watches since he isn't much of a TV watcher. I figure 30-60 minutes of educational TV a day is fine.
Enoch's mind is such a sponge. He is constantly reciting facts about animals or science that he picked up from these shows. Random facts being repeated at random times to random people. If you have been around Enoch you have probably learned something new about some animal. The other day at Target, he walked up to a woman and started telling her about ostrich eggs. I walked in on him the other night pretending to be a pigeon and using his tummy muscles to fly because pigeons don't have muscles in their wings.
Not only is Enoch entertaining to be around, he's educational as well!

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

How I wish I had a crystal ball to see what is going to happen to this amazing kid! He lives in a much more interesting and curious world than the rest of us. I wish he would invite me in (that is if I am capable of going in!).

Michelle Kelly said...

You could make a reality tv show about that kid and just video tape him all day, he is hilarious!