Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scattered Thoughts

I'm feeling a bit scattered-brained. My family would tell you it's more than a feeling (isn't that a song?), but that I really am scattered-brained. To clear my brain of junk (yeah, right!), I'm blogging about the randomness of our family this week.

yahoo
Notice this title is all in lower-case, meaning I'm really not that excited about this. Kate can now climb up the slide by herself. Yes, climb up it whenever she wants, no matter if anyone is watching out for her. After scrambling up, she chants "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!", with her little fists pumping in the air. She then will hang off the side of the play tower and look around, completely unaware of any danger. When she finally does decide to go down the slide, she is a little missile. She shoots off the bottom of the slide and flies 3-4 feet in the air before landing. I'm cleaning a lot of grass stains off the pockets of her pants. As a side note, you have to be careful around Kate and the slide. If you are taking too long going down and Kate is waiting, she is not afraid to give you a big shove.


Enoch Starts Preschool
Yes, I know, I get mother of the year award for forgetting to take the-first-day-of-school picture of Enoch and blogging about it. Sorry, E! Needless to say, Enoch started preschool, is doing great, is loving Mrs. Skousen and is having a great time carpooling with his bud, Jimmy. He is the funniest kid and you get him and Jimmy together and they keep me laughing our entire walk home.

Go Cougars!
Football season is now upon us and even though we will, in all likelihood, get our fannies kicked tonight, we are still EXCITED!

Kate's 1st Haircut
All of you moms out there who have babies with actual hair, go ahead and laugh. I am well aware that my kids are bald. Really, my kids do have hair, it's just so fine and blond that it might as well be non-existent.
Well, we finally cut off Kate's tail this morning. I was giving Enoch a haircut and decided that it was time to shape up the baby-mullet. I was so sad to cut off her curl, but her hair really does look better.
I know you can't see the curl very well in either picture (trust me, it's there); Enoch is on the left and Kate is on the right. Of course, they both had a lone curl at the base of their hairline. Do I really need another reason to believe that they are identical twins (separated by three years and gender)?

3 comments:

Ariana said...

Preston didn't need a haircut till his first b-day, and even then I swear I cut like 12 hairs. Now is another story though...his hair came in pretty wavy and coarse, and if I don't cut it every month he starts to have a white boy 'fro. :)

And yeah! Go BYU!! Who expected us to win? Not me man. It must be snowing somewhere warm. (texas? hahaha)

Gayle J. Randall said...

We don't remember Tresa being quite as adventurous as Kate. But, Tresa didn't have two older brothers. She had to be the first brave one. Good job taking the pictures, Tresa! We loved Enoch's "first day of school grin." (He looks no different than he did the first day--you're still a great Mom!) Enjoy your "twins." Maybe they will be as close in love as twins, too. That would be a special sibling blessing. Love, Dad and Mom

Carrie said...

I was crying/laughing reading about Kate and the slide. I know it's not funny, but it is. :)
I think our boys are 2 peas in a pod.