Thursday, September 3, 2009

How Can She Sleep There?

Kate is in the process of cutting down to one nap (or sometimes I get really lucky and she won't nap at all!). The funny thing is that she still wants to take her one nap at 10am. So, by dinnertime she is a bear - a really, really grumpy bear.
Tonight, I finally had enough whining and crying and sent her outside after dinner. Greg was mowing the lawn (with our neighbors riding mower since ours is in the shop). Kate was fascinated with the riding mower and demanded a ride. It didn't take long before she was completely asleep. I couldn't believe she could sleep with all the jostling and noise.
When I laid her down in her crib, she immediately flipped onto her stomach and pulled her knees up to her stomach so her cute bum was sticking in the air. That is a sure sign for Kate that she is exhausted. Here's to hoping she'll sleep through the night!

7 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Hilarious!!! I love the cute position with her little bum in the air. Wish I could see it.

Carrie said...

That's so funny! Cute picture, too!

Lori Young said...

I remember the nap transition days. They go to one nap a day and you feel like you need one too! She is a cutie!

Ford Fam said...

I'm so with you on the naps, a bit of a total guessing game and a lot of tiredness and crankiness!

Gayle J. Randall said...

I love the picture of Kate, but I was quite taken with the one of Greg. He looks quite handsome and rugged riding on the lawn mower! :)
I'd love to see cute Miss Kate's little bum in the air. Fun post!

Ariana said...

Hahaha! Aaah the soothing sound of a lawnmower. (???) whatever works, right? :)

Unknown said...

Great Way to sleep, but the big thing that I saw was that GREG LOOKS JUST LIKE HIS DAD MORE AND MORE. Great picture of the two of them for the future. LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL