Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spoons are Messy

I've been thinking for the last few weeks that is it about time that Kate started feeding herself with a spoon. Of course, she eats finger foods, but I've never let her use a spoon (mainly because of the mess). We tried it out today and it went about as well as I expected. She did quite well with her yogurt until the very end. She loved it and was very proud of herself. Enoch keep saying, "Mom, are you sure you want to do this. Look at Kate. She is messy and the floor is messy, too." We'll try it again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Ava is getting pretty good with a fork. I haven't done the spoon yet because I'm not ready to deal with that mess on top of the rest of the messes. Good mom you.

Michelle Kelly said...

I love sweet, innocent Kate. She is so quiet yet so loud with her expressions and actions. I love the picture!

Ford Fam said...

You are brave, I was just thinking that, but I was thinking I wanted to wait a while. Still on a hunger strike. She ate like 4 blueberries for breakfast and that is all. I tried eggs again and it ended in eggs on the wall and lots of tears and screaming!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Messy, yes! Cute, absolutely! Thanks, Enoch, for watching out for Mom and Kate and trying to keep them "mess free."

Unknown said...

I think there was a similar picture of MOM Tresa like that, but would have to research that-looks great.
LOVE GRANDPA OR ELDER RANDALL