Friday, April 17, 2009

I Hate This!

I know those are strong words, but I really hate this. I expect snow in January, even March, and I'll concede that snow in April is fairly common in Utah, but 10 inches in mid April? I hate it. I woke up this morning to go swimming (bright and early at 5am), got dressed, put on my flip flops and then looked outside. Yuck. Being the dedicated swimmer I am (hahaha), I slid my way to the Legacy Center only to find it closed because of a power outage (I'm shocked, Lehi Power is so reliable!).

Of course, the kids thought it was great. They bundled up and went out to shovel and play in the snow. That is another thing I hate about snow. It takes me 20 minutes to get all of the warm gear on and then another 10 minutes to get it off and then I have drippy wet snow clothes all over the house. Can you tell I'm sick of winter. If is snows likes this again before next November, I'm out of here!

6 comments:

Ford Fam said...

I second that motion!

Winnie said...

Wow, those pictures are beautiful. IF IT WERE IN JANUARY!

That's just messed up...

Michelle Kelly said...

Salt Lake didn't get any snow, so when you guys get snow we don't. I'm sorry, but as my husband always says "We need the moisture", but that doesn't make it any better.

Gayle J. Randall said...

It looks like another big lesson in patience. This too shall pass . . .
Easy for me to say from South Africa where it is fall. Keep your chin up!

k8theriver said...

i miss that neighborhood....but boise weather sure is nice.

and kate the climber--i feel your pain.

Carrie said...

AMEN!!!!!