Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

Our Valentine's Day was a bit overlooked this year.  Sandwiched between birthdays and Blue & Gold, it didn't get a lot of attention.  I did manage to have the kids write out their valentines and sent them to school on the right day.  This is the only time of the year I will buy Fun Dips for the kids since they are so messy.  Enoch and Kate were happy to have a few left for them.
They both came home from school with cute Valentine holders filled with candy.
I tried to fix a dinner that everyone would enjoy - roasted chicken, onion roasted potatoes, broccoli and applesauce.  I looked everywhere for strawberries, but they were sold out.  I'll do chocolate dipped strawberries for Gavin's birthday.
Mom and Dad did get an extra special Valentine in the mail. (Kate made it at preschool.)
When Kate picked out her bedtime book, I completely forgot about our Huggly's Valentine book.  We read it every year, and I forget.  Oh well.  Kate picked out Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree.  It's her favorite.  I guess there is nothing wrong with reading a Christmas book on Valentines Day, is there?  Not at our house this year.
I love all my Valentines!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So cute! I love all your valentines, too! Glad you all had a nice day!