Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Dolphin Party

Ever since going to Sea World last June, Kate has been obsessed with dolphins.  She loves them.  She constantly has her dolphin, Pacific, with her. 
One of her favorite toys is her Playmobil dolphin set.
 


 Her favorite movie is Dolphin Tale.  She is quite disappointed that they are no dolphins at Lake Powell and tells me constantly that for her next trip she wants to swim with the dolphins, in a pink wet suit, at Sea World.  We might just have to make that happen.  She is pretty darn convinced that she is going to be a dolphin trainer when she grows up.

Enoch has been talking about his Star Wars birthday party for months, so Kate felt it necessary to decide on her party.  She immediately gravitated toward dolphins.  I thought it was a great idea (although I wasn't sure what that involved).  When I mentioned swimming like dolphins, she was so excited.  She has been reminding me for months that we get to go swimming like dolphins for her birthday, just so I wouldn't forget!
We celebrated Kate's birthday today (since her actual birthday is tomorrow, on Sunday).  We invited her Randall cousins over for cake, ice cream and presents and then SWIMMING!  Kate requested a dolphin cake.  My skills aren't in the cake decorating arena, but I do know some people who make amazing cakes.  Aunt Michelle and Uncle Dave made an amazing dolphin cake for Kate.  She was so excited!  It really did look great.
 We picked up some helium balloons for the kids.  We couldn't find any dolphin balloons, so we went with a fish.  Kate picked out the colors.  She loved her fish and was constantly showing me her fish lips (she wouldn't let me take a picture of her fish lips).
Kate also received some fun presents.  From the Kellys, she got a black kitty umbrella.  Fords gave her some books on dolphins, Grandma and Grandpa Randall gave her an Imaginexts set and Mom and Dad gave her an early present of the movie, Flipper, and a dolphin outfit (that Mom made because she couldn't find any shirts with dolphins on them!).  Kate and I were looking at dolphins online the other day and we saw a real pink dolphin!  Kate went crazy, jumping and dancing around (it was quite funny).   Albino dolphins are pink, and while very rare, they do exist.
 Off to swimming!  Everyone had such a fun time in the water.  I sat on the side (I've outgrown my suit), took pictures and had such a good time watching everyone have so much fun.
 After swimming, the Kellys and our family stopped and picked up sandwiches at Subway and took them home to eat.
We had such a fun time.  Thanks, Kate, for letting us be dolphins.  Happy Birthday!

No comments: