Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

I had plans for Valentine's Day.
I really did.
Only a few happened.
I did start out the morning with the fun breakfast.  Homemade pop-tarts, scrambled eggs and homemade hot chocolate.  The pop tarts were so easy.  I will never buy them again (not that I bought them that often before)!  We had three kinds - strawberry, nutella and strawberry nutella.  They were all very good.
After that things just happened for the rest of the day.  Greg and I asked the kids a few times if they wanted to go and do something, but they were having fun playing together and we just stayed home.
Luckily, school makes Valentine's fun.  The kids had their parties and came home with lots of candy and their bags (that they made at school.  Thank you Mrs. Jeppesen and Miss DeWitt for doing that and not making me put it together!).
The school also did Val-o-grams this year.  It was a great idea and the kids loved it.  One dollar got you five val-o-grams to send to whomever you wished at the school.  The kids were excited to give them away and get them.  (I read in their newsletter a few weeks later that the school made almost $1000!  That's a good fundraiser!)
I'm so happy to have so many amazing valentines in my life.  I love them all!

No comments: