Saturday, February 12, 2011

Girl's Day Out


Do we need an excuse to celebrate these two adorable girls?
Kate and her cousin, Brynnley, were born 9 days apart in February of 2008. I, of course, was due first, but my sister beat me by nine days. My sister and I thought it would be fun to have a girl's day out to remember their birthdays. We invited Grandma Randall, Aunt Michelle and Brynnley's Grandma Ford, Aunt Heather and cousin Sadie. I made cute matching shirts with a cupcake and three candles for Kate and Brynnley.

We had a yummy lunch at Noodles & Company in Orem. Kate ordered mac & cheese and ate about two bites (maybe that is why she is still so short!). The girls were too excited to eat so we didn't stay at the restaurant too long. We caravaned to Build-A-Bear at University Mall. The
girls were thrilled to be there. Kate was a bit overwhelmed. When we were there last, she immediately zeroed in on her gray kitty. This decision was harder. She finally picked a pink bear. Brynnely also picked the same pink bear! After stuffing them, the girls picked out a dress. Again, they chose the same outfit - a Tangled dress.

The party continued after Build-A-Bear. We walked to Cold Stone. Kate adores ice cream, so this was a perfect way to end the outing. Kate ordered pink strawberry ice cream with sprinkles. She finished the entire bowl.

I had such a fun day with the girls. I love spending time with Kate. She is such a quiet girl around other people, but I know she had a great time. I love her so much!

3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

It was such a fun day! I look forward to many, many more girls days out in the future. We definitely need to make the day out a birthday tradition, but I think we can do it more often than that. ;) Thanks for organizing it with Valerie. Love you, Miss Kate! Happy Birthday!

Michelle Kelly said...

I loved the day!! I agree with mom, more girls night out! Happy Birthday to the two cutest nieces. I love having nieces.

Carrie said...

The cupcake shirts are adorable!! SO SO cute!