Saturday, February 12, 2011

Enoch Jon is 6!






Enoch is many things. He is...
CREATIVE
ENERGETIC
INTELLIGENT
HANDSOME
FRIENDLY
KIND
FUNNY
and he is SIX!
Wow! What an incredibly amazing six years it has been. Enoch is so full of life it just bursts from him. His mind is constantly full speed. His body never stops running. Even when he is sitting down he is moving. He is the sweetest ball of energy I know.
I love Enoch. That sounds so lukewarm compared to what I feel for him. He is a huge part of my happiness. He will, at random times during the day, say, "I love you, Mom." He has taught me how to be joyful, imaginative, accepting, forgiving. What a wonderful gift Enoch has been to our family.

Enoch's Favorites:
Food - pb and jam sandwich, fish
Treat - no bake cookies
Movie - Rescue Heroes, G-Force, Bolt
TV Show - Rescue Heroes, Wild Kratts, Alfred the Hedgehog
Color - red, blue
Friend - Kate, Jimmy, Hazel
Book - Huggly, National Gegraphic Volcanoes
Toy - camera
Activity - play with my family and friends
School Activity - art projects, creative writing

Enoch's birthday started the traditional way - by measuring him. He is consistently growing about 3 inches a year.


He was so excited to open his presents, so we did that next. He sat in the birthday chair with the birthday crown on and opened his gifts. He was sooo excited to get his abacus. His teacher uses one everyday in their classroom and he was thrilled to have one at home. He calls it a wreck-a-wreck. I have no idea why. He's not sure either. He'll call it that and then get a slight smile and say, "Oh yeah, I mean my abacus."

He also received a Star Wars Lego watch and a Playmobil volcano with dinosaurs. He has had a lot of fun with the volcano, which actually erupts. And Enoch has always loved dinosaurs, so they have been fun too.

The Randall family came over for presents and visiting later that morning. It was fun to see everyone. After that, Mom and Kate went out and Enoch and Dad got to spend some special birthday time together. They ate lunch at Carl's Jr. and then saw the movie, Gnomeo and Juliet. I'm not sure how much Enoch liked the movie (he tends to get restless sitting there for so long).
It was a fun day. I'm so happy to celebrate Enoch.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

He is a fun boy. We enjoy him every time he's over. I love your birthday traditions!

Michelle Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Enoch. You have been a joy for all of us! Your sense of humor makes me laugh all the time.

Ford Fam said...

Happy Birthday Enoch! Wow 3 inches each year, that is a lot!

Gayle J. Randall said...

We were happy to be there for his birthday! He gives us the same love that he gives to you and it always warms my heart. We can't wait to see what Enoch will do with his life. It's going to be exciting!