Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gavin's Contacts

A few weeks ago Gavin told me he was having a hard time seeing the board at school. I made an eye appointment for him to get new glasses. A few days before his appointment, he was making noises like he wanted contacts. Greg and I talked about it and decided he is old enough and mature enough to handle contacts.
His appointment on Monday went fine (although he eyes have barely changed! He could totally see the board!). He was fitted for contacts and then began the learning process of how to take care of them and get them in and out. Amazingly for Gavin, he has the exact same prescription in both eyes, so he doesn't have to worry about mixing up his contacts.
He has been doing very well. It is still difficult to put them in and them take them out, but he is getting better everyday. It's a bit hard for me to help him. He has soft contacts and I've only worn soft contacts for a few months (after wearing hard for 20 years), so we are learning together. At least Greg didn't have to pry them out of Gavin's eyes the first night, like he had to do with me!
He looks so grown up! Now I can see his gorgeous blue eyes even better!
Before

After

4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a handsome nephew!! You are so lucky Gavin, next is Lasik!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Looking good, Gavin! And seeing good, too! I'm glad you're starting with soft contacts. I think they are much easier than the hard ones. You're looking handsome, and older!

Ariana said...

I've had soft contacts for like 11+ years....love them!

Carrie said...

I remember the learning curve with soft contacts, too, after having hard for years. He looks great!