Monday, January 31, 2011

Enoch's Skinny Jeans

Ever since Enoch hit about two years old, I've had a hard time finding pants that fit him. He is just so dang skinny. Really, there is nothing to this kid. He obviously inherited his Dad's metabolism. The length isn't a problem since Enoch is right smack in the middle of average height. However, I've yet to find a pair of pants that Enoch can hold up on his own without the use of a belt. And, to complicate matters, Enoch doesn't like wearing belts. They dig into his bony hips, are a pain to put on and even a bigger pain to take off while running to the bathroom after doing the potty dance for two hours. He is just in the habit of pulling up his pants every few minutes. Poor kid.
I hope I have finally found a solution. Let me start by saying, I never thought I'd buy a pair of skinny jeans for my boys. I just really don't think they are that attractive, especially on boys. But - when the skinny jeans fit my kid like normal jeans fits most kids, that's what I have to do. I mean, look at the picture, they really are not tight on him.

These are skinny jeans from Gymboree---in the slim size! Yes, skinny jeans in slim! Geesh! Well, here's to Enoch and his skinny jeans 0r genes, whichever!

4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Hilarious!! Poor kid, he will have it hard his entire life!

Gayle J. Randall said...

I love the play on words: Jeans & Genes. Very Clever (just like Enoch)!

Corri said...

Tresa I have the same jeans for Taite because he has the same too skinny no hips or butt problem. The other day I gave him regular jeans because his other ones were dirty and my 5 year old said referring to regular jeans "I only like skinny jeans I hate these baggy ones!" don't know if you have an H&M with a kids dept. but they also have a slim fit skinny jean with waist adjuster elastic, and their girls skinny are super cute. Vienna will wear them under a longer top or tutu and she still fills like she has on a dress.

Ariana said...

ugh we have the same problem. Except Preston's kinda short...so it's extra fun.