Monday, January 24, 2011

Arrrrgh Matey!

I think I'm now required to participate in Talk like a Pirate day. Why? Because I'm sporting a gold tooth! Yep - a real gold tooth.
After breaking the same crown three times in two years, my dentist, Dr. Lambert, suggested I get a gold crown. He told me, "It won't break, it will fit great and it will look fantastic!" Okay, you convinced me (but only because it won't break). It is the farthest tooth back on the bottom left, so I wasn't worried about people seeing it. Good thing - Dr. Lambert might like gold teeth, but me - not so much.
The boys thought it was awesome. Enoch said, "Your tooth is so shiny!" Greg said, "When we are really poor, we can send your tooth in to Cash 4 Gold." Umm, NOOOO! Kate was very disappointed that I didn't come home with a princess crown.
As much as I hate going to the dentist, Dr. Lambert was really wonderful about the whole process. The tooth feels great and I'm really hoping this one is a keeper for a while!

3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

I want to hear you say, "Arrrgh Matey!" out loud with your mouth open wide enough to see your lovely gold tooth. Great spelling, by the way--I wouldn't have known how to spell it!

Angela said...

okay, the cash 4 gold comment totally had me laughing out loud. As a fellow "crappy mouth" girl, I understand your pain though. Hopefully this one will cause you no problems!

Carrie said...

I'm dissapointed you didn't post a picture of your new, awsome tooth.