Monday, July 19, 2010

Pretty Pink Fingernails

Aren't they pretty? Okay, they are a bit messy, but not too bad for a five-year-old. Yes, Enoch painted Kate's fingernails. Grrrr!
We are in the midst of potty-training (again). Kate is great at going #1 in the potty. When she is done she gets some lip gloss. What a big girl! However, #2 is a different story. We are still struggling. For motivation, I told Kate I'd paint her fingernails when she accomplished this. We went to the store and picked out a few colors and put them up with her lip gloss. About a week later, I was still waiting to paint her fingernails.
When I got out of the shower this morning, everything seemed fine. I also do a quick spot check of the house to see what chaos occurred during the 10 minutes I'm in the shower. Everything seemed fine. Later that day I was quite surprised to notice not only Kate's fingernails painted, but also her toenails. She happily told me Enoch did it. I asked Enoch about it and he said that Kate really wanted her fingernails painted and I was being mean and wouldn't do it, so he did it for her to make her happy. I tried to be stern and discipline him, but really, how do I get after him for that? He must have done a good job because I can't find spilled nail polish anywhere. But, I did hide the polish until we really need it.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

"You have to get up pretty early in the morning" to stay ahead of our little Enoch with the tender heart. He's a "Kate spoiler," I'd say.

Michelle Kelly said...

I am so impressed that Enoch would do that. I love that Kate asked Enoch to paint her fingernails.