Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Sunday

I really can't remember the last time the Fourth of July was on a Sunday. When I discovered this fact back in February, I was so excited to make a dress for Kate and ties for the boys. I wanted them to be red, white and blue, but not so Fourth of July that they couldn't wear them later as well. I think they turned out very cute!
I also made some fun pinwheels for my nursery kids.
Grandma and Grandpa Randall came to church with us. This was the first time they had seen Gavin passing the sacrament. He did a great job and I'm glad they could be there to see him. My dad also bore his testimony. It was wonderful.
After church, we all scattered and our family took naps. All of us took naps. It felt great. For dinner we met back up here and had a great barbecue of hamburgers, chips, baked beans, fruit and Gavin's festive chocolate dipped strawberries. You can't see very well in the pictures, but they are red, white and blue stripped. It was all so yummy. After dinner we tried to do sparklers, but couldn't light them because it was so breezy! Oh, well.
After dinner, Grandma and Grandpa taught us their favorite senior missionary game, Mexican Dominoes. We all sat around the table and played, talked and laughed. It was so much fun. It was a busy weekend, but so fun.

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What cute outfits, Gavin looks thrilled :) The weather was odd but it was still a fun day.

Ford Fam said...

It was such a fun weekend! I loved all the yummy food, the good company, and my kids had a blast at your house. Carson keeps asking when we are doing to slip and slide again.

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a wonderful Sunday and 4th of July. The dinner was great and epically the strawberries. All better get practiced up for the Dominoes game now. Grandpa is on a run to play. Love Grandpa Randall