Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our new kitchen table

We have talked about getting a new kitchen table for about a year now. Our family doesn't fit anymore around our table. We found a single chair that somewhat matches our other chairs on KSL.com for $5, so we have been using that for Kate's booster chair for the last year. But, we really needed a new table. Ours is now 14 years old and screams 1990's. Plus, it wasn't really the best quality when we bought it. It's pretty dinged up.
So, in January we found the table we wanted at D&B Woods in Provo. The problem: it was unfinished and to have the store paint would have more than doubled the price of the table! Greg said no problem, he could do it. We stuck our table and chairs in his Dad's ginormous garage until the weather warmed up. The weather warmed up and Greg never saw the light of day because he was working ridiculous hours. He finally painted the table after his quit/fire in late June.
It's beautiful. I'm so excited. It is a square table with six chairs. The color is perfect for our kitchen. I'm most excited that we can all sit around it together!

6 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Looks great!! I love the table and greg did a great job on painting it.

Carrie said...

Wow! That looks SO nice! Was it there Thursday night at the shower? And I'm such a good friend, I didn't even notice. Great job Greg! Now I know who to call if I need some furniture painted. :)

Barlow Family said...

The color is beautiful! Congratulations!! New things are so fun.

Gayle J. Randall said...

We think your table and chairs are fabulous! They worked perfectly for the 4th of July celebration and we had such a wonderful day. We're so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Yes it works great, great color and Grandpa Randall

Stefanie said...

hey---I know I was just at your house...and I didn't see that! I'll have to come over sometime soon and see it..looks great