Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town!

I'll admit up front, I've never really pushed Santa Claus with my kids. He's there, he's a part of Christmas, but never really a pivotal part of our family celebrations. I'd never take my kids to go wait in line at the mall for a picture with Santa. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not my thing. When I found out that Santa Claus was visiting The Treehouse Preschool today, I decided to take Kate, get a few pictures of the kids and see what happened.
Enoch seemed a bit hesitant from the start. As soon as Santa Claus came into the room, he plugged his ears and covered his eyes. I don't think he was afraid, just uncertain. Kate just kept checking him out from afar. When it was Enoch's turn to sit on Santa's lap, he wouldn't do it. He sat on my lap while I sat next to Santa. He warmed up after a bit, but not enough to get too close. He told Santa Claus he has been good and wants a fire thunder boat. Any ideas about that? I'm stumped.
Kate completely surprised me and sat on Santa's lap. I was thinking she wouldn't come within 10 feet of him. She sat very still and wouldn't look at his face, but she did sit there.
I don't think my kids will ever be too into Santa (and that's fine with me), but it was fun to see him!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, your fast a putting this up!

Ford Fam said...

Carson won't even go with in visual distance of Santa. Brynnley is a little wary as well. I didn't push it this year. Sometimes though the screaming pictures are hilarious. Good luck figuring out what Enoch wants.....

Gayle J. Randall said...

I never was too much into Santa except for one Christmas when I tried to convince Michelle that Santa was real with a piece of red velvet left behind on Christmas morning. Still not sure why that seemed to matter at the time, considering I was never much into Santa, but it's a memory we laugh at anyway. I never did the pictures with Santa, I don't think, so I don't know if any of you were afraid. Don't worry about what Enoch wants . . . it's too late for that! He'll be happy with what you've got for him. Merry Christmas!

Michelle Kelly said...

I remember the felt mom. It was a good touch. I'm so proud of Kate. I never thought Enoch would be afraid of anything.

Unknown said...

always good to have the experience and to have the pictures. In Ogden he would fly into town in the Helicopter? and i still think I have a picture of that. LOVE Grandpa Randall