Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Sunday

Christmas Sunday is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. I love the choir program (our ward choir does an amazing job!), seeing all the kids in their Christmasy colors and just knowing that Christmas is almost here!
This Sunday we had a lazy morning because Greg was actually home. We played in the snow, read the paper, talked and Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa Randall. I started feeling extra guilty when I was dressing Kate in her Christmas dress that the boys didn't have new outfits, but they didn't mind. They still looked very cute.

For nursery today, I found these great nativity stickers from Oriental Trading. Our nursery kids had a great time with them. They didn't quite get everything in the right places, but they were so cute. Here is Kate's:

After church we had a yummy dinner of ham, sweet potatoes and rolls. Enoch and Greg played the game, Landlocked after dinner. We finished delivering our Christmas gifts to teachers and then visited Grandpa and Grandma Fowler. After Kate and Enoch were in bed, Gavin, Greg and I played a few rounds of Frog Juice. It has been a great day!

5 comments:

Ariana said...

Thanks for the apple butter -- that made Jeff's day! I had absolutely no idea he liked that stuff. I love it, but I never buy or make it because I wrongly assumed I'd be the only one who would eat it. Can't wait to crack it open.....first I must make something worthy to put apple butter on. Have any favorites?

Carrie said...

Kates dress looks so cute. I'm sorry I didn't get to see her in person. Very cute capelet and hat, by the way. :)

Melissa said...

Days like that are the best! I love Kate in her shawl and hat - so cute! I'm glad you had Greg home and enjoyed a lazy Sunday together before Christmas.

Ford Fam said...

Um, your pictures are adorable. Everyone is smiling! So jealous. Kate looks so adorable in her little outfit. She looks like she should be in a movie. I LOVE Sundays like that. I'm so glad Greg was able to have the day with you!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, Dad and I oohed and aahed over Kate's pictures. (We loved the one of the boys, too--so predictable for boys). I downloaded the pictures and will print them as soon as we have power. We are out of power and in the middle of a huge thunderstorm. I'm still not sure why I have internet. Anyway, we loved hearing about your wonderful Sunday. Thank you so much for Skyping with us in the morning. We really enjoyed it! Merry Christmas!