Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Traditions - Part 4

Dec 21 - Tonight, we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. What a holiday classic! We are losing a bit of steam with our daily traditions. We are trying to make it to Christmas!

Dec 22 - This day didn't exactly work out the way we wanted, but, oh well. Greg had to work late - nothing new about that except tonight he really wanted to be home by six. Why? The Las Vegas Bowl, of course! He didn't get home until half-time. We listened to it on the radio (I think our family is the only hold-out without cable!), made mint brownies for Greg's work party the next day, cleaned up, bathed the kids, wrapped some presents and worked on some bunny puppets for the Humanitarian Center. Busy night. BYU did win. Hooray!

Dec 23 - My entire day was thrown off when I slipped down our front porch stairs and deeply bruised my tail bone (which I have already broken). I spent the rest of the day in bed alternating between having an ice pack and a heating pad on my behind. Gavin was such a great help with the kids and our Christmas miracle happened when Greg was able to come home early from work. Greg and the kids went to Uncle Jarom's birthday party that night and I stayed in bed.

Dec 24 - We spent the morning straighting up (as best I could) and getting ready for Christmas. Greg came home about 2 pm. We made some truffles, tomato soup for the party, and visited with Uncle Jarom (who is staying with us for Chrismtas). The Evans Christmas Eve party was in Lehi this year and a lot of fun. We ate dinner (soup, rolls, treats), visited and watched the children's production of the nativity story.
Kate wore her Halloween angel costume and looked so cute, if not confused. She wasn't sure where she should be, so she kept running to the opposite end of the stage. Enoch was a wise man. Actually, he was a wise king, because he was the best and knew everything. Gavin was talked into the nativity for one last year and played the part of a shepherd.

After the party, we came home and finished our truffles. We rolled them in cocoa and powdered sugar. Very yummy!

We hung our stockings for Santa, prayed and tried to get the kids in bed.
They really did go to sleep quickly (exhausted, I think). Gavin slept upstairs so Uncle Jarom could sleep in his bed. Uncle Jarom was a great help for Mom, Dad and Santa.

5 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

It looks like you had a wonderful week before Christmas with everyone! I think you had plenty of steam for daily traditions. So glad you could listen to the BYU game. (You're saving plenty of money and time by not having cable TV!) I'm so sorry about your fall. What a challenge to have at Christmas! We loved the pictures of the children in the Nativity. Looks like Jarom is really getting into his "work", making truffles. Thank you for making him a part of your Christmas--Loved his blue stocking!

Carrie said...

Ooh! Sorry about your tail bone! I launched myself down out back porch stairs in November. I really thought I broke my elbo, luckily they seem pretty hard to break. My back had a nice bruise where I hit the edge of the step. But I think the tail bone would be awful. I hope you're doing better!

Michelle Kelly said...

I had no idea you fell and bruised your tail bone. I am so sorry. No wonder you didn't want to go sledding.

Ford Fam said...

Looks fun, I bet you are glad and sad to have it all done. Carson keeps asking what our activity for the day is. I am glad you didn't break your tailbone but glad you are doing better!

Unknown said...

Love the stockings and espically the BLUE one (BYU). Hope the tail bone is feeling better. LOVE DAD