Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Enjoying our new Toys

We have had fun this Christmas break doing nothing. It feels so good to do nothing. We really have done some things, but mostly nothing - no homework, cleaning, practicing, cooking. Greg was able to get a day off, so we really enjoyed seeing him home. We did go to a movie, play in the snow and organize my sewing room (I'm so excited, more on this later).

Good Things at our Home:
Kate loves her nightlight turtle. Why didn't we give this to her sooner? She has had enormous struggles with being afraid of the dark. She would scream every night for at least 30 minutes before falling asleep. Three days with her turtle and she doesn't make a peep. The turtle is a stuffed animal with a hard shell. There are star cutouts in the shell which then project stars onto the walls and ceilings when turned on. There are three colors of lights - amber, green and blue. Kate likes the green best. What a great thing. We are all so happy!

Enoch has been building pirate ships, kitty houses and spaceships with his Fortamajig. It's great and he is having so much fun with it. He is in such a fort-building phase right now (I'm pretty sure he will never grow out of it knowing his personality), so this is perfect. No more books or clips to try to keep the eight blankets from sliding off the table. The Fortamajig is magical. Do I sound like an infomercial?

Gavin is loving the TV. We have given him unlimited TV time over Christmas break and he has taken full advantage of it. We let him watch Lord of the Rings (he finished the book) and he was in awe. It really is a great TV.

5 comments:

Ford Fam said...

All your toys look so fun. I might have to look into the fort building thing. Carson loves forts too!

Michelle Kelly said...

So much fun!! I love the forts and wish I could play with Enoch in them.

Gayle J. Randall said...

What great research you did to find such perfect toys for your family! It sounds like everyone was thrilled! What a nice Christmas break with nothing to do. That really is every mother's dream, isn't it? It sounds like the break was just what your family needed. I'll be happy to play with Enoch in his fort when I get home (we'll invite Michelle and her new little one, too ;-)

Carrie said...

What is a fortamajig (sp?).
For some reason my blog isn't updating my list of blogs, so I'm now catching up with what you have written.
I wish I could say we did nothing, but we organized every day. it's nice, though.

Unknown said...

Great selection on the toys and gifts, the light turtle sounds the best for me, i probably can,t find one here in Kenya, except lives ones. Great to just puff out for awhile. LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL