Sunday, November 29, 2009

Too Much Excitement For Me!

By 7pm Saturday night, I couldn't tell if I was shaking from the cold or from nerves! Greg, Gavin and I were at the BYU-Utah football game at LaVell Edwards Stadium. It was intense - horribly intense. I don't like close games. I want blow-outs. I knew this game wouldn't be a blow-out, but I really didn't want overtime!
What a Holy War! It wasn't a great game to watch - too many penalties, bad calls, dropped or overthrown passes, and it seemed to last forever. But, at the end, we pulled it out. Barely. Hooray for our players. I love beating Utah (apparently so does Max Hall. Check out his comments after the game. Oops - let's get a check on those emotions, Max!).
This game has taken on a life of it's own. It is so big, so intense, so emotional for both sides. I'm glad we have bragging rights for another year, but it is almost too much for me to handle every November!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So glad you could be there for the game. It was memorable in so many ways and you are right--I would have loved to see the old Cougar blue uniforms. Apparently they are auctioning them off to fund some scholarships. Hmmm . . . it's tempting. Glad the game got your heart racing. That's what good sports is all about. So sorry we missed it, but we loved hearing from each of you how you felt about the game. You're right about Max. Too much pent up frustration and a little immaturity. Love you, and hopefully it's another great game next year when we are home!