Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Greg's Job

It is now 10 pm and Greg is home from work. He actually got home at around 7:30 tonight - Hallelujah! He worked another 70+ hour week last week, so we are so happy to have him home. Work has definitely consumed our lives lately. The kids miss Greg, I miss Greg and we are happy and grateful when he is home. The other day, I found Kate laying on our bed, snuggled up with Greg's pillow and saying, "Dad, Dad, Dad". It just about broke my heart.
We are praying that all this hard work will pay off. So, either things will take off soon, or we will be looking for another job soon. We are really keeping our fingers crossed.
Greg is working for a start-up company, Kemesa. It is short for Keep Me Safe. Before doing any online shopping this holiday season, check out their website, www.shopshield.net. The company provides a one time use credit card number when you order something online so your credit card number is never given out. Each time you order something, a different credit card number is created for you. It's a great idea!
Greg is working very hard to ensure that Cyber Monday runs smoothly for the company. Once we get through the holiday season, we are hoping that things will calm down and we will have Greg back.

4 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a hard worker Greg is! This too shall pass! Oh, sweet little Kate--she's such a Daddy's girl. We're glad Greg has a job and glad he has the skills to do the work they require--even if it is long hours. We'll be praying for a good Christmas bonus!

Carrie said...

Ugh. I don't envy you guys. That's SO hard, for all of you. That website sounds like a great idea.

Michelle Kelly said...

I"m so sorry. It's not fun starting a new job. I started my new job and found out for the first three months I don't get paid holidays. So this was a bad time to start at my company because I don't get Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years paid. Hang in there!!

Ford Fam said...

Trust me I feel your pain with the 70 hour work week. It really is NO FUN FOR ANYONE!! But I am grateful for you family that he has a job!