Saturday, August 30, 2008

Loved the Olympics

I know this post is a bit late coming, but I needed to post about how much our family loved, loved, loved the Olympics. We watched every night we could and had a blast doing it. Gavin and I screamed and jumped up and down when Michael Phelps won by .01 seconds. Greg groaned when the women's relay team dropped the baton. And we all looked at each other baffled when we realized that BMX biking and trampoline are actual Olympic sports. Gavin and my favorite sport to watch was swimming and Greg enjoyed watching the ice skating (no, really that's what he said. Acutally he liked the swimming, too!). We were completely bummed that they showed too much marathon (really, they are just running) and had fun watching gymnastics, water polo and beach volleyball and indoor volleyball (is that what they call it?). Greg has already informed Kate that she is not allowed to compete in beach volleyball because of the skimpy uniforms. I know that the Winter Olympics are only in two years, but they just aren't as much fun as the summer games. We can't wait for London in 2012! My aunt had this link on her blog and Greg and I laughed so hard. It's great fun and really worth watching. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO_BnsrWMnI

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Dave and I loved the olypmics as well but he got a little tired of them and really missed having his sleep time. we were screaming also when Micheal Phelps won the butterfly by a fingernail!!

Lori Young said...

We loved them too and we all yelled when Michael Phelps won by a hair. We just looked at each other in amazement. I watched the video again. Still really funny!

Gayle J. Randall said...

This comment is late, but I loved the Olympics, too. We missed a week of them because of our trip to Lake Powell, but Jarom kept us updated when he hiked up a hill to get text messages each night. Go USA!