Saturday, August 23, 2008

Backyard Remodel

A few months ago, I blogged about our new trampoline. At the end of the post I promised that more changes were coming to the backyard and I would keep everyone updated. Finally, I have something to say. Our new shed was installed the first part of July. After pricing out sheds, Greg decided that the $250 he would have saved doing it himself was not worth spending the rest of his summer nights and weekends working on the shed. I absolutely agreed. A big thanks to James Hobbs who was great to work with and gave us a great "neighbor" deal on our new shed. We loved how it turned out and it is wonderful to have our garage cleaned out.












This afternoon, Greg finished up our zip line that runs along our back fence. It was a big tricky to put in since Greg anchored it to the large tree in our yard. He got to act like a kid again and climb our tree numerous times to tie the wire. The boys are so excited and Enoch couldn't wait to try it out. We (I say we loosely, Greg knows that means him!) still have to build our play tower next to the shed, which will have the take-off platform for the zip line. That's the next project; we are hoping to have it finished before the weather turns bad.

7 comments:

Lori Young said...

What a cute shed! I bet the kids love the zip line. What fun parents you are!

Michelle Kelly said...

I love looking at Kate, she looks like she wants to ride the zip line too. :) I can't wait to try it out!!

Abe and Emily Durfee said...

a zip line! lucky! I wish I had a zip ling in my back yard! That would be awesome! I wanna come to your house more often :)

Ford Fam said...

Wow! that sounds like fun, we'll have to come over and try it out. Your backyard is one of the funnest places I think Carson would say!

Winnie said...

That shed is really cute! I bet Kate will want to convert it to a play house in a few years. Your yard is shaping up to be a kids paradise! Don't forget to put something in there that you and Greg can enjoy too.

Carrie said...

Cute shed! I hadn't seen it. I can't see your yard at all any more, since the "Man Palace" went up in our backyard.
That zip line looks fun!

summer said...

EEEK!!! I found you! I have been thinking alot about you lately and wondering what you were up too and just decided to google your name...and voila!! What a great little family you have now!! I think we saw you last when Gavin was a toddler, I am the worst at staying in touch!! You all look happy and healthy and busy! Drop me a line some time and check out my blog. powelson.blogspot Can't wait to catch up! Summer