Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School!

I've been waiting for this day all summer (just kidding; okay, I'm only partly kidding!). I know that some moms were complaining that this summer was too short, but it was feeling pretty long at the beginning of August. Gavin quite enjoys school and the social part of it and Enoch is so excited for preschool in next week that my kids were ready to get back to school.

Gavin was accepted into the A.L.L. program in the spring and made the decision to accept his position even though it meant changing schools to Sego Lily. It wasn't that hard of a decision after hearing about all of the awesome field trips, projects and very fun science experiments. He knows a few kids in his class from Eaglecrest and is very excited for the next year. We had a lot of fun this summer, his favorite activity was Camp Invent, but he is glad to be back in school. By the way, check out those new shoes; not only are they clean and white, but they are a size 8! Yikes!
Enoch is very excited for preschool and starts next week. His first homework assignment is to make an "About Me" page to share with his new friends. I thought I'd share his cute picture and answers.

Favorite Food: chicken nuggets, White Cheddar rice cakes (no joke!)
Favorite Treat: frosting cookies (sugar cookies), birthday cake
Favorite TV show: Clifford, Curious George
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Book: Thomas, The Hungry Caterpillar
Favorite Toys: Thomas Legos, Glow Sticks, and Marbleworks
Favorite Place to go: Grandpa's Cabin
Favorite Word: Why? But Why? But Why?
Favorite Brother: Gavin
Favorite Sister: Kate
Favorite Name: Enoch (he told me his name is cooooool!)
PS - We visited Enoch's preschool on Thursday. When he got out of the car, he put his hands on his hips and said, "This is not my school. This is a house!" His is quite disappointed, but I'm sure he'll recover!

5 comments:

Winnie said...

How exciting for Gavin to start at a new school. I'm sure he'll love it. Size 8 is a pretty big shoe size for a fifth grader but at least he doesn't have Michael Phelps' size 14 feet.

I know that Enoch's teacher is going to be endlessly entertained by him.

Have fun staying at home with Kate!

Michelle Kelly said...

I love that your kids are smart and funny and so dang cute!! We had so much fun with you guys over on Sunday. Dave and I think that Gavin and Enoch are so hilarious!

Melissa said...

I hope he loves Sego Lily and the ALL program. Enoch's answers are great!

Ford Fam said...

They look so cute and so old! I can't believe how time flies! I love Enoch's answers. Carson is obsessed with Curious George, at least it is educational right...

Stefanie said...

Yipee...Im right there with you on school starting! Maybe cause I couldn't be home all summer with them. THey were all excited too..let's see how long THAT lasts!

Glad Gavin is liking Sego Lily---it's always hard to start a new school---I did it tons..but sounds like he is more adaptable! Have a great school year!