Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fairview Fun

Since Greg and Gavin were spending the weekend Cub Scouting at Webelos Woods, I took Enoch and Kate down to Fairview to visit Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Jarom. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again. We left on Friday afternoon (stupid, I know, driving south on a Friday afternoon) and sat on the freeway from Lehi to Spanish Fork reaching speeds of 15 mph! Lucky for me, Enoch kept me company by talking the entire time. Every time we passed someone hauling 4-wheelers he would yell for me to follow them and asked why they had his Grandpa's 4-wheelers. Needless to say, it was a long drive. We arrived in time for dinner (Grandma fixed a big spread with grilled chicken, potato salad, baked beans, fruit, veggies and chocolate cake; I haven't had a Friday night dinner like that for quite awhile). After dinner we went outside and just enjoyed the quiet. Enoch played in Grandpa's pile of wood chips and Kate had an absolute ball in the swing. Grandpa pushed her for 30 minutes and she loved it! She would laugh every time she swung toward Grandpa and he would tickle her toes. Enoch grabbed the camera and snapped some pictures of Grandma and Uncle Jarom (isn't Jarom cute? He's available girls!)

I can't say I slept great that night. We all slept in the same room; me and Enoch in the bed and Kate in the Pack-n-Play. The kids slept well but I was concerned about them waking up and waking up everyone else. Plus, I don't sleep well anywhere but in my own bed (I love my Temperpedic!). The next morning, the kids and I spend some time on the back deck enjoying the morning air and quiet. After breakfast, Grandpa got the 4-wheelers out (finally, because we were all sick of listening to Enoch ask about them!). Grandpa and Enoch went out for a bit and then I took Enoch up on the mountain for a long ride with Grandma leading the way. It was so fun, despite the dust in my eyes and sticking to my chapstick! We had a great time and Enoch absolutely loved it. Uncle Jarom took Enoch out later that afternoon for a short ride. He was so excited because they saw a deer, "a Gavin-sized deer" (I think that means a medium-sized deer?!).
After lunch, Grandma, Aunt Michelle (who was also down visiting), me, Enoch and Kate went to the resort pool for a quick dip. Actually only Enoch swam in the kiddie pool (oh, excuse me, the big boy pool, as opposed to the bigger boy pool!) He had a great time with the toys, especially the boogie board and the pool noodles. Kate was so stinking cute at the pool. Aunt Michelle helped her wade her feet and she was not sure about it at first. But soon, she was splashing up a storm and had a great time. She was kicking, singing and smiling. Check out those thighs! Greg keeps telling her it's all muscle, no fat. I know the video takes a while to download, but it really is cute of Kate playing in the water.

We headed home soon after that. The kids were ready for naps and I was ready for a quiet car ride home without constant conversation from Enoch. We had such a great time and are so lucky to have a great Grandma and Grandpa Randall. PS - Greg and Gavin had a great time at Webelos Woods, too!

6 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

The video looked so cute and it didn't take time at all to download. I love the picture of Jarom and the advertisement that he is available!! He will love it. It was a fun day and all your kids are so cute.

Vanessa said...

That was such a fun time! I'm glad Steffani and I were able to come down while you, Enoch and Kate were there too. Your kids are adorable! I absolutely love them!

Ford Fam said...

Looks like fun, Carson loves going down to Grandma and Grandpas house! I'm jealous that you got to take Enoch swimming, I'm sure they told you about our swimming experience

Melissa said...

What - you on a four wheeler! I thought you weren't any fun!!! ;) Looks like you had a great time down there. Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house is always a treat!

PS - Glad Gavin and Greg had a good time too!

Stefanie said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It's always nice to do something a little different than your "everyday" stuff! Looks like Kate was having lots of fun with Gma and Gpa! (or is it the other way around?!) Enoch is so funny----a Gavin size deer? Cracks me up!

I can't believe that Jarom looks so old--guess I haven't seen him since his mission. Too bad I don't have a younger sister.

Great Dane said...

That is definitely a keeper. Hopefully she'll be able to get into the water a little later on down the stretch.