Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dance Festival

Most years for the dance festival, I feel like I'm talking my boys into putting up with it and just getting it over.  This year, I have a child who is excited about the dance festival!  Such a different experience for me.
Kate has been talking about her dance for months.  She practices at home, picked out her outfit weeks ago and already knows how she wants her hair.  She was so excited that morning!
The kindergartners were dancing to a country song (and if I knew more about country music I could tell you it's name, but since I don't, I will say it was a very fun song).  The dance was very simple and repetitive, but Kate loved it and did great!
Enoch hates the dance festival.  Really does has strong emotions about not doing it.  It takes a lot for me to talk him into it.  This year, my only saving grace was the fourth graders were dancing to the Lego movie song, "Everythng is Awesome" and Enoch really likes that song.  He was almost in tears the night before (Enoch hates being in the limelight), but he pulled through and did great.  He did really great!  I don't know what he was worried about.
And, he was right in front of me, Greg, Grandma and Guard and also Kate, who was sitting with her class.  I think that made it a little easier for him.
Great job, guys!

No comments: