Saturday, May 10, 2014

Guard's Birthday Party

My little guy is two!  I can't believe it!  He has been so much fun and such a joy to have in our family.  He is completely spoiled, but so stinking cute I can't help myself.  Now that he can talk, it just makes him even more fun and we love to hear him say new words and phrases.  It cracks us all up the way he says certain words.  My favorite part is his observations of the world and how he sees things.
We had a Randall party with all the cousins for our May birthdays.  Or course, it was all about Guard, but why wouldn't it be?
 Greg and Gavin did get some presents - Greg got some shirts, essential oils for his bees, Oreos and a few gift cards.  Gavin got some BYU sunglasses, a huge pile of his favorite things from Fords, a BYU license plate cover and a Costco box of brownies from Mom.  (We had really celebrated their birthdays before.)
 Guard's big present way...yeah, I don't have a picture of it.  How did that happen?  I'm chalking it up to the face that he really didn't open it and it was complete chaos in our small family room.  Guard got a custom-made sand box from his dad.  It is awesome!  It is more of a sand table just at the right height for Guard and Kate.  He really wasn't sure what it was because it was sitting out of place in the family room and it didn't have sand in it.  As soon as we took it outside and put sand in it, he has pretty much lived out there.  He loves it!
Guard also got a dragon and a truck to play with in the sand box.  And...Legos.  Yes, we have started the tradition early.  Guard got the most amazing set of Duplos with a lot of animals.  And when he is not in the sand box, he is playing Legos.  He is really a master Lego builder.  He already had a lot of skill and it just seems intuitive for my kids to build with Legos.  Clearly they get it from their dad.  Enoch was about the throw away the instruction like he always does, but I retireved them from the garbage, as well as the box that has alternative building ideas.  He asked why we needed them.  I told him I needed to know how to build things when I was playing with Guard.  Enoch seemed completely confused by that and Greg just rolled his eyes.  I am not a master Lego builder.
Guard loves his Legos.
Instead of birthday cake, we served leftover brownies from Gavin's party with ice cream and caramel sauce.  I don't anyone complained they were leftovers.
It was a great party!  Thanks everyone for coming!

No comments: