Tuesday, October 12, 2010

KItty Nests

Who knew that kitties lived in nests? My kitties do. Enoch and Kate love to pretend that they are kitties (fun, I know). A while back they started living in nests that they build in the family room. I think the idea came from the dinosaur family that lives in a nest on Dinosaur Train, but I could be wrong. These nests are pretty self-sufficient. They have blankets, pillows, toys, books and sometimes I find a sippy cup of chocolate milk in there too.

I know it's odd, but I don't care. These kitty nests entertain the kids for at least 45 minutes a day! Since we are pretty aware of TV time at our house, I appreciate all the quiet entertainment factor so much. And since each child has their own nest, it significantly cuts back on the fighting. It 's a win-win for everyone. Be warned: the first person who tells them that kitties don't live in nests will be on a major time-out! I'm milking this for as long as I can.

3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Meow! Meow! Mum's the word! Whatever you do, don't disturb the cute lovable kitties.

Ariana said...

I totally used to do that when I was little! Build nests out of blankets and stuff. I even used to convince my mom to let me sleep there at night sometimes. :)

Michelle Kelly said...

Your kids are so creative and I love how they can entertain themselves. So cute!