Sunday, October 10, 2010

Imagination-Challenged Mom

There have been many times in my life that I just smile and pretend to understand what someone is saying to me. Do you do that too? Ever since Enoch started talking I find myself doing that quite often. I understand his words, I just don't understand his logic or ideas. They are way too creative for my imagination-challenged brain. Lately it seems like he is coming up with all kinds of schemes and experiments (that word strikes fear in my heart when Enoch uses it in a sentence). Some of them include:

*Something to do with pulleys, ropes, buckets and the shower curtain.
*Anything to do with ice cubes.
*Giving our car secret wings so it can fly over the ocean.
*He is quite fascinated with baking soda and vinegar, hence making all kinds of things explode.

I am trying to think of more, but right now they are passing me by. I hear about his plans constantly and, am sad to say, usually tune him out, agreeing and mindlessly nodding yes until he happily says,"Really? I can really do that?" Then I snap back to attention and wonder what I agreed to that time.
What a curious boy! What a smart boy! Enoch is an imagination genius (if only he would find school so fascinating!) Someday he will amaze me with his inventions. For now, I'm just glad the house is still here.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

All I can do is laugh and shake my head. I can't even think of a comment. I think I am Imagination-challenged, too!