Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scattered Thoughts

Kate
1. She said her first prayer on her birthday over her pizza. She did such a great job and was so proud of herself.
2. At her 2-year-old check she weighed 24.6 lbs (10th percentile) and is 33.4 inches tall (25th percentile). Kate is our shrimpy girl. She didn't cry at all during her shots (although she had such a sad face the nurse gave her an extra sucker). She was very proud of her pink pony band-aid and couldn't wait to show Dad.

Enoch
1. I've been able to tuck Enoch into bed every night this week. What an accomplishment! That means I've found him every time he has wandered off and he has not injured himself enough to land in the hospital.
2. I registered Enoch for kindergarten this week. Oh! My baby! I can't believe it. Although, Enoch keeps asking when we can go back to the kindergarten school. He is so excited.

Gavin
1. Gavin has inflamed growth plates in his heels. Lucky for Gavin. The podiatrist told him to take some Ibuprofen and it will clear up in a few years. Does this mean his feet are still growing? I don't know. He already wears a size 9. Mom was glad he was at the podiatrist will her though (see story below).
2. Really great news! Gavin has advanced on to Regional Science Fair. It is at BYU in March and he is debating whether he is happy about this (more judges interviews). We are so proud of him.

Tresa
1. I'm so glad Gavin went with me to see the foot doctor. After being diagnosed with severe Plantar Fascitis (sp?), the doctor recommended cortisone shots in each heel. I was not happy about this, but Gavin said he would hold my hand. He did and what a trooper. It hurt and I know I was squeezing hard. But, what a personal miracle - my feel don't hurt, even when I walk. It has been about six years since my feet were pain free. Hopefully the shots will last a good, long while.
2. I can't believe I'm doing this! I've started a crafty blog, DONE. It is more just to keep track of what I've done and keep track of all the projects I want to do. Feel free to visit. Since it is public, I'm trying to be careful about using names, so please don't leave any names in the comments.

Greg
1. Greg works - at work, at home, at church. What a guy!
2. Greg has loved watching the Olympics. Short track is his favorite event, but he has also enjoyed the luge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun things for all. Size 9 I believe is the Randall feet I would understand(Grandpa size 11).
No crying-- wow for kate. So what is after BYU, NASA!! Hope the feet do feel better for a long time -Tresa. Look forward to some walks when we get home. LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL

Michelle Kelly said...

SO what is the address of your craft blog? I want to check it out. You are so creative.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Kate
1. Wish I'd been there to here it!
2. Kate is "petite"--what a great thing for a girl to be
Enoch
1. He always knows where he is!
2. Enjoy watching him grow and change. That's the fun of being a parent.
Gavin
1. Poor Gavin. Thanks for being a support to Mom
2. We are so proud of you! Judges interviews will help you learn to speak to people on a mission.
Tresa
1. You're a brave mother! So glad for the miracle of being pain free
2. Can't wait to see the "crafty" blog!
Greg
1. It's what great husbands and fathers do; and you are a great one!
2. You gotta love the Olympics.
P.S. Greg: I'll go to a shuttle launch with you anytime you want!
Thank you for the post! We love hearing about day-to-day activities.