Friday, February 19, 2010

Kate Patrice is Two!

My Kate is two. I just want her to stay little and cute and fun. She is growing up too fast!
This morning we measured her (sort of, she wouldn't hold still).
We then went into the family room to open presents. She was a bit confused about wearing the birthday crown; she thought it was Enoch's because he was the first to wear it. After we got past that, she was excited to open her big present. She had a hard time unwrapping her bag, but with her brothers help she did it.
She was thrilled with her new bike. Isn't is the cutest bike ever? It is so sturdy and she loves it, especially the bell. Her brothers have to push her around because she isn't quite tall enough to reach the pedals yet. She has had fun with it all day long.
For dinner that night, Kate chose pizza, root beer and chocolate chip cookies. After dinner, we watched the Olympics. We love you, Kate!

A funny little story: Kate has been sick the last few days with a very runny nose and a croupy cough. About 2:30 am on her birthday she woke up coughing and couldn't go back to sleep. As Greg and I were holding her and talking, I realized that 2:30 am was the time my water broke and we rushed to the hospital to have Kate. I guess she just likes waking up Mom and Dad at the same time on her birthday.

Kate's Favorites:

food: pizza, spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, Cheerios, fresh pineapple, yogurt, milk
treat: anything chocolate - especially ice cream, M&Ms, donuts
TV Show: Super Why
Books: The Hungry Caterpillar, pop up books, When I Grow Up, White Rabbit's Color Book
Place to go: Papa (Grandpa) house
Thing to do: read books, play outside, help Mom cook
Toy: play kitchen and food, zhu zhu pet, dress up box - especially necklaces, rings and shoes
Friend: Enoch
Song: Popcorn Popping, Once there was a Snowman

6 comments:

Ariana said...

Man what a sweet ride! I hated Preston's tricycle (learned my lesson....not buying the cheapest one I can find ever again). It was top heavy, especially with him on it, so every time he tried to turn, he'd fall over. That pink machine looks much more stable.

Barlow Family said...

I can't believe she is 2, time flies (I know that is not what you want to hear!!). She is so cute and I LOVE the bike. You better keep her contained in the cul-de-sac on that ride. The princess crown is a great idea. I am going to copy that for Italia's bday. She will love it!

Michelle Kelly said...

I agree, she is growing up too fast. I want her stay just the way she is, maybe speaking a little bit more but she is adorable and innocent. But sassy!!

Carrie said...

That a great bike! I can't believe our girls are getting so big.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Happy Birthday, Kate Patrice! We are so fortunate to be able to see cute pictures of you and your lovely pink bike! You look so cute and happy! We hope you had a wonderful day! Congratulations to the "Queen for a Day" (or longer than a day if she wants!) We love you, Miss Kate!

Unknown said...

Yes Happy Birthday Kate Patrice, you are a real cutty!!
the bike looks great and can keep with the boys--we will go riding and walking to gather when we get home-- LOVE LOVE Grandpa Randall